RankBrain changed the game in SEO. Links do not give the punch they once did. So do you know how to do SEO in 2017?
Do you think you know how to do SEO effectively in 2017?
Even if the answer is a solid YES, be sure to align your skills and knowledge with the Semantic SEO Strategy Guide brought to you by the editorial team of WebCEO, a white-label online Internet Marketing platform that has been present in the SEO niche for more than 15 years.
Manage Your Content SEO Audit and Optimization with Semantic Search in Mind
RankBrain forever changed the way we optimize our website’s content for search engines. Ideally, you will need to learn how to read your targeted audience’s minds. But in real life, you will need to optimize your website for LSI keywords and contextual clues instead of standalone keywords.
The more your search results are clicked through, the more chances search engines will count it as the most relevant for searchers. In this case, your structured data is the surefire path to driving your potential readers. If you are not mobile-friendly in 2017, you won’t make friends with Google and your targeted customers.
Improve your website user experience by fixing on-page technical and content SEO issues
- Make sure you have implemented the rel=canonical tag for all kinds of duplicate versions of your site.
- Fix all incorrect response status codes. If you have 404 page not found issues, optimize those pages with navigational options or use permanent 301 redirects.
- Check your website for content related issues like duplicates, long/short META tags, absence of ALT attributes, etc.
Contextualize Your Keyword Research and Optimization
- Start by gathering your foundational keywords list. Take ideas from several sources, including keyword suggestions based on your key product keywords, synonyms of the queries which already bring traffic to your site, and competitor semantic research.
- Use Soovle and Ask the Public which are free keyword tools to broaden your keyword halo. These tools are awesome at giving long-tail content ideas for your landing page optimization and for your new blog posts.
- Become a denizen at Q&A forums and communities in order to learn what your potential searchers ask about and to get inspiration for a Q&A type of content.
Improve visitors’ engagement and your content search visibility with a proper Internal Links structure
- Use descriptive anchor texts on your landing pages and link to relevant internal page content that pursues topics covered on previously read pages.
- Make more deep links rather than always linking to top level superficial landing pages like the home or contact us pages. It will help you boost the search visibility of deep pages and speed up your new content indexability.
- Avoid building too many links outgoing from one page. The more pages you link to, the less authority you give away with each link.
Improve your website SERP clickability by optimizing your structured data with relevant and descriptive copy
- Wrap your Q&A content into structured, clear and simple copy. The variety of rich answer features gives you some freedom and room for improvement. Some of the rich answers contain schema markup, so it makes sense to optimize your microdata.
Step Up the Mobile-First Search Index Game
Given the fact that Google, in 2017, is planning to launch a separate mobile search index which eventually will become the primary one, you should give mobile SEO your best shot.
- Rev-AMP your content. Here is the beginner’s guide for Google AMP Pages from KeyCDN, which will help you convert your website pages into AMP pages.
- Speed up your website content. Recently one of the Googlers officially recommended that you keep website content load time below 3 sec.
- Help your target customers reach your business in the shortest way using local schema markup.
Help Tools to Improve & Measure Your SEO Performance
If you want to dominate Google search in 2017, you have to learn now how to govern all the online efforts you put into your website SEO and eventually see how they manifest in your site rankings. Get a list of tools hand-picked by the WebCEO editorial team to use for measuring and improving your SEO Performance.
Structured data and mobile friendliness are keys to ranking in the SERP's in 2017. Make sure your site is view-able on all browsers and media devices. Applying structured data to your website will probably be a must going forward.